This article describes the principal changes of Vertica Templates.
The download section can be found at this page.
Stambia DI is a flexible and agile solution. It can be quickly adapted to your needs.
If you have any question, any feature request or any issue, do not hesitate to contact us.
Use Distinct issue fixed
'Use Distinct' parameter had no effect to queries inserting data into temporary integration table.
Queries have been fixed for the parameter to work as expected.
A step performing an 'ANALYZE_STATISTICS' statement on the target table was previously executed at the beginning of execution in some situations.
After investigation this step was not useful and beneficial at this place, so it has been removed to avoid unnecessary operations on the Vertica database.
UUID datatype has been added to the list of available datatypes.
Support generating the create table statement of work table using export_objects Vertica statement
When using this mode the function is executed on the target table and the corresponding query returned is parsed and analyzed to generate a create table statement optimized for the work table.
This mode is now used by default as it offers better performances and performs less queries on the target Vertica server.
It can be changed through 'Create Integration Table Like Target Table' parameter.
Target table statistics computation is now performed only when there is change on data
When 'Analyze Target Table' parameter is enabled the Template recomputes the statistics of target table using the Vertica's "ANALYZE_STATISTICS".
As this statement can be time and resource consuming on the Vertica server the Template has been modified to execute it only when data changed during the integration (if there have been inserts, deletes, updates, or merges.)
TOOL Vertica Drop Partition
The tool used for dropping partitions has been updated to use the 'drop_partitions' function instead of drop_partition which is deprecated on last Vertica versions.
Parameters have been updated accordingly to match the parameters of this new function.
Note also that Integration Template which has parameters for dropping partitions has also been slightly modified to take into account those changes, as it uses the tool behind the scenes when using those parameters.
LOAD File to Vertica (with COPY)
This template now supports to optionally send the file to load through SSH.
Simply drag and drop an SSH folder Metadata Link in the target Vertica Metadata and rename it to "TARGET_SSH".
The Templates will then automatically send the file through SSH before loading it with the Vertica COPY statement.
Refer to the Template's 'Enable File Transport' parameter documentation for further information.
INTEGRATION Vertica, LOAD Hive to Vertica and REJECT Vertica
- Steps dropping tables are now all using the "drop if exists" syntax to avoid logging unnecessary failed requests in the database when the dropped tables do not exit.
LOAD Rdbms to Vertica (with COPY)
- New parameter "String Delimiter" to customize the character used to enclose string in the temporary file generated and loaded into Vertica
- New parameter "Row Separator" to customize the character used as row separator in the temporary file generated and loaded into Vertica
- New parameter "Parser" to specify the Vertica Flex PARSER to use when loading the temporary file into Vertica
- The step dropping the previously created temporary integration table is now using the 'if exists' clause to avoid logging unnecessary failed requests in the database when it does not exit.