Welcome Guest! Log in

Topic-icon Solved How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?

More
26 Aug 2016 14:49 - 26 Aug 2016 14:50 #11 by Josserand BRINON
Josserand BRINON replied the topic: How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
Yes it is the File metadata, sorry.
So, I've followed your advice, it works perfectly.

(Here, what I called PATH_BASE64 is nammed AEL_PATH_BASE64.)

Thank you again.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 26 Aug 2016 14:50 by Josserand BRINON.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2016 11:35 #12 by Josserand BRINON
Josserand BRINON replied the topic: How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
:unsure: Hum, actually, it seems that it is not the correct behaviour.
It still works, but my files are extracted to the Stambia temp directory, and not where I want.

Here is the path of my 2 example files:

I guess there is something wrong about the visibily of the parameter, but I don't know what. I think I've followed what you advise me, but it seems that ${~/extractdir}$ doesn't compile.
Attachments:

More
29 Aug 2016 15:59 #13 by Thomas BLETON
Thomas BLETON replied the topic: How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
Your AEL_PATH_BASE64 metadata is a folder. => no need to use ref:directory().

$AEL_PATH_BASE64/tech:path() should work better

More
29 Aug 2016 16:49 #14 by Josserand BRINON
Unfortunately, I have the same behaviour with %x{$AEL_PATH_BASE64/tech:path()}x%

I wonder if the visibility set to "parent" for the parameter depends on the level of the process where the object is.
I mean this process is not the main process: it's a child process.
So I wonder if "parent" means "the main process" or just the higher level from the position of the object (here: the child process).

Is that clear? :blink:

Thank you.

More
29 Aug 2016 16:58 #15 by Thomas BLETON
Thomas BLETON replied the topic: How to retrieve the name of an extracted Base64 file?
What is the value of "extractdir" in the "Variable" view? Is it correct?
If the process which contains extractdir is a child process, then you have to adapt the syntax when using the parameter, for example: ${~/subprocess1/subsubprocess/extractdir}$

More
29 Aug 2016 17:58 #16 by Josserand BRINON
Great! It works.
But I notice an inconvenient with this syntax: I always have to execute the main process, otherwise this syntax won't work, will it?
Can I define a variable that allows me to execute either the main process, or the subprocess without need to change the syntax? It is usefull for the unit tests.

I hope it is my last question on this topic ;)

More
31 Aug 2016 12:57 #17 by Thomas BLETON
You can define a Metadata Variable and use it as %{PdfExtractdir}% in the mapping (don't forget to drag and drop it in the mapping diagram)

Or re-publish your parameter as a root process variable, using a scripting action :
__ctx__.publishVariable("~/PdfExtractdir", "${../extractdir}$");
... and use it as ${~/PdfExtractdir}$

More
01 Sep 2016 12:16 #18 by Josserand BRINON
Ok, I see.
I think I would prefer the scripting solution, because there isn't any object to "maintain".

Thank you again Thomas.