Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question SQLFileExport MaxFileSize issue

More
12 Dec 2018 09:33 - 12 Dec 2018 09:35 #1 by nicolasdohet
SQLFileExport MaxFileSize issue was created by nicolasdohet
Hi,

I work with 18.3.9 designer
I'm trying to use SQLFileExport in order to split a table in multiple files, with File size 10M max.
I use Sql Exp Filename to define the pattern name , and Sql Exp Max File Size to define 10M
I Got an issue due to the namming of files, because the increment comes after extension files (.csv in my case)
How can i solve it ? renaming files ?
Is it possible to chosse extension pattern for files we create ? (.txt, .csv , ...)

Thanks.
Last edit: 12 Dec 2018 09:35 by nicolasdohet.
More
13 Dec 2018 17:54 #2 by Pierre-Olivier Mazen
Replied by Pierre-Olivier Mazen on topic SQLFileExport MaxFileSize issue
Hi,

when using Max File Size, the number of the file is added at the end of the file name as you noticed.
The solution would be to rename the files after the generation.

I would suggest to use SQLFileExport without any file extension, and at the end, use a WaitForFile that you would bind to a Move File Action that would add the required extension.
More
14 Dec 2018 12:56 #3 by nicolasdohet
Replied by nicolasdohet on topic SQLFileExport MaxFileSize issue
Hi Pierre Olivier,

That's what i'm doing actually but i was thinking it's a bit loud.
Ok, i keep on using it.
Is it impossible to fix the problem in the SQLFileExport box ? adding the extension by using metadata or parameter after adding the sequence number ?
Thx.
More
14 Dec 2018 14:46 #4 by Pierre-Olivier Mazen
Replied by Pierre-Olivier Mazen on topic SQLFileExport MaxFileSize issue
Hi,

yes the enhancement request has been filled to R&D Team.
It will be implemented in a future release of Stambia.

Best,