Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question multiple runtimes logging to same schema

More
08 Mar 2017 01:10 #1 by beeplogic
multiple runtimes logging to same schema was created by beeplogic
We have an oracle schema we have been using for our runtime logs. I was in the process of setting up a second runtime and thought I would use the prefix parameter to keep the logs within one schema but separated. During the runtime startup when it initializes the runtime tables it adds an index on the log tables which fails due to duplicate index names on an existing table:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object

The query which I believe is failing is:

CREATE INDEX IDX_ACTION_PROP_ACP010 ON R2_LOG_ACTION_PROP_ACP (SESS_ID, ACT_ID, ACT_ITER, SESS_ITER)

One of the existing log table's had an index with that same name on it already.

Is there a workaround for this?
More
08 Mar 2017 15:55 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic multiple runtimes logging to same schema
Hi,
May be you can rename the existing indexes ?
ALTER INDEX index_name RENAME TO new_name;

Thank you for reporting this :) I pass the information to the dev team: probably we can improve this for a future version...
More
08 Mar 2017 20:37 #3 by beeplogic
Replied by beeplogic on topic multiple runtimes logging to same schema
I did consider renaming the existing index but ultimately opted against it. I would likely have to rename all the indexes on all the log tables. I wasn't sure if that would work as the log table with the prefix existed but wasn't certain if there's logic to specifically check if an index with that name exists.
More
09 Mar 2017 11:47 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic multiple runtimes logging to same schema
It will work fine :)
If you need help for building the ALTER INDEX script please contact the support team.