Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Solved Error while testing Log Database connection

More
06 Oct 2016 09:26 - 06 Oct 2016 16:44 #1 by Shamil
I have a new Analytics setup. The first thing I do is to set the Log Database connection. It's an Oracle connection. The user I use to connect is the schema owner.
While testing the connection - following message appears:

Connection to the data source could not be established
Reason: Could not connect to the data source

Java output in attachment.

WHat can be the problem?
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2016 16:44 by Shamil.
More
06 Oct 2016 10:12 #2 by Shamil
Replied by Shamil on topic Error while testing Log Database connection
Well, what I figured out is that Log Database connection does not work UNLESS I define at least one Runtime O_o

Removing Runtime definition keeps Log Database connection working. This is the behavior of 2.2.0_RC4.

Not blocking anymore :)
More
07 Oct 2016 14:29 #3 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Error while testing Log Database connection
Hi,
This is normal: Analytics tests that the connection to the database works, AND that the Runtime's log tables exist in this database Schema.
At first the tables do not exist.
Once you have setup a Runtime to use this log schema, the Runtime creates the 15 STB_LOG% tables, and Analytics is happy :)