Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Solved SCD and incremental update on a same table

More
04 Jan 2016 10:57 #1 by Josserand BRINON
SCD and incremental update on a same table was created by Josserand BRINON
Hi,

In a first time, I wish a happy new year to the Stambia community.

We are starting the modification of our mapping to replace the incremental update by the SCD.
I know how it works: I have to define the "Slowly Changing Dimension Mode" on each column of the table.

My problem is, after the SCD mapping, I have another mapping which updates the same table. For this mapping, I have to use the incremental update.
But because my medatada is set up for SCD and the template automatically determinates the SCD/incremental mode, I cannot use the incremental update anymore.
How can I do that?

I sum up:
- One table set up for SCD,
- A first alimentation on SCD,
- A second alimentation on incremental update --> impossible

I thought to create a second metadata to duplicate the same table, but I want to avoid maintaining a same object twice (jdbc / login / column / etc.).

Thanks.
More
04 Jan 2016 12:12 - 04 Jan 2016 12:13 #2 by Cyril Dussud
Replied by Cyril Dussud on topic SCD and incremental update on a same table
Hi,

Happy new Year to you too!

You don't necessary have to create a second metadata. The same table can be added multiple times on the same metadata:

Here both are pointing to the same physical table (The same Physical Name is defined on each of them).
You can easily do this with copy/paste the table on the same schema.

And then you can configure one with scd, one without. So you don't have to create a second metadata.

Is this solution acceptable for you ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jan 2016 12:13 by Cyril Dussud.
More
04 Jan 2016 14:43 #3 by Josserand BRINON
Replied by Josserand BRINON on topic SCD and incremental update on a same table
Yes, it is actually the easiest way to do what I want... :cheer:
(I'm wondering why I was looking for a difficult solution :pinch: )
Thank you Cyril!