Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Loop on configurations

More
03 Feb 2017 10:20 #1 by Shamil
Loop on configurations was created by Shamil
We are in a multi-configurations environment. A package can be imported into different Deployment Managers (analytics) with a different set of configurations assigned to it.

How can I build a process that loops on all (or filtered set of) configurations available and executes a certain delivery in it?
More
07 Feb 2017 18:06 #2 by risson
Replied by risson on topic Loop on configurations
hello,
you can build multi-configuration deliveries (simply select the desired configurations when specifying the delivery).
and then at execution time, you can pass the desired configuration as a parameter, for example:

./startdelivery.sh -name [DELIVERY_NAME] -configuration [CONFIGURATION_NAME]
More
07 Feb 2017 18:23 #3 by Shamil
Replied by Shamil on topic Loop on configurations
Exactly. Let's suppose I have a delivery DELIV1 which is build for a set of configurations CONF1 .. CONFN. Now what I need is to have a process that makes the following:
for varCONF in CONF1 .. CONFN loop
    startdelivery.sh -name DELIV1 -configuration varCONF
end loop

However at designtime I do not know which are the configurations that will be defined in Analytics.
More
08 Feb 2017 09:27 #4 by risson
Replied by risson on topic Loop on configurations
Oh i see the idea !
I suppose there is no feature out of the box for this.
Maybe you can try this :
- reverse a delivery file (and just keep the first XML nodes which list the configurations)
- map the deliv file to a temp table to hold a list of the configuration
- select from this temp table and use the "execute delivery" command in a Bind action