Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Setting SQL Connection in SQL Operation by using a variable

More
28 Jun 2018 16:46 #1 by nicolasdohet
Hi eveybody,

My prupose is simple, by using a parameter table , wich contains everything for creating connection (driver,url , user, password) , i would like to use bind variable for setting SQL Connection in SQL Operation.
Do i need to use scripting ?
More
29 Jun 2018 12:29 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Hello,
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.
What is the final goal ?

Usually, working with multiple database connections in a single process is done by metadatas.
Each metadata can be parameterized with process parameters.
Maybe this article can help :
www.stambia.org/doc/80-development-hints...onnection-properties
More
29 Jun 2018 14:27 #3 by nicolasdohet
Hello ,

All is good. I use metadata configuration , and i have a bad issue due to a lack of password on HSQL database.
I just modify the password , update my param table with the encrypt password, and It's ok.
Thx
More
29 Jun 2018 14:32 #4 by Thomas BLETON
OK great :)

Note to future readers :
- parameterizing connection properties with process parameters is a specific method, useful when these properties are stored in external files or tables.
- the standard Stambia DI method is to configure the metadata and overrride connection setting when building the Delivery, with Analytics or with a Configuration file.