Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Metadata Mail Server can't be set on Analytics

More
16 Mar 2016 10:31 - 16 Mar 2016 10:37 #1 by letancel
Hi,

I would like to set the parameters of the mailing list of the Mail Server Metadata directly in Analytics (I don't want to rebuild and republish the package).
But in Analytics I only have "Host" and "Address" (from) to possibly set. Where are all the other parameters ?

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2016 10:37 by letancel.
More
16 Mar 2016 16:41 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Metadata Mail Server can't be set on Analytics
Hi,

Each metada node has an "Externalize" property tab, in the Designer.
All the checked properties in this tab, are exported to the package so that they can be modified from Analytics.
Some properties are checked by default, some are not.
Is your metadata property checked ?
More
16 Mar 2016 17:06 #3 by letancel
Replied by letancel on topic Metadata Mail Server can't be set on Analytics
Hi,

Yes, the properties I would like to change is already checked in the designer so...
I'm supposed to be able to change them in Analytics, but I couldn't find these properties.
Maybe I am missing something, please have look to the attachements.

Thanks
Attachments:
More
16 Mar 2016 17:45 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Metadata Mail Server can't be set on Analytics
OK I had some tests :
- I sucessfully externalize the "Text list" property.
- But it looks like there is a strange behavior with the "List" and "Account" properties. They are not externalized, even when I check them.
I will report this to the R&D team.

Can you work with the "Text List" property ?
Note : the property must have a default value in the Designer in order to be externalized (just like any other metadata if I remember well).
More
16 Mar 2016 17:59 #5 by letancel
As you can see in the previous screenshot, in the Email Server Metadata I only have two visible parameters in Analytics :
- Host
- Adresses
Nothing else, even if Text List is checked in the mailing List parameter in the designer..
More
16 Mar 2016 18:06 #6 by Thomas BLETON
Is there a default value on the "Text list" metadata ?
Can you share a screenshot of where your metata is used ?
Is your process/action property correctly set with the "Text list" value, when you Prepare the process from the Designer (this is a pre-requisite to that the propery is actually externalized) ?
More
16 Mar 2016 18:09 #7 by letancel
Ah sorry, I forgot to set a default value to the Text List!

It should be alright ;-)

Thanks
More
27 Sep 2017 09:17 - 27 Sep 2017 09:42 #8 by nikita.barve
Replied by nikita.barve on topic Metadata Mail Server can't be set on Analytics
Hi,

How to separate out multiple mail id's while inserting in analytics?

it gives error for comma(,) and semicolon( ;)

please suggest.

Thanks and Regards.
Nikita Barve.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 09:42 by nikita.barve.
More
27 Sep 2017 10:28 #9 by Adrian MATYSIAK
Replied by Adrian MATYSIAK on topic Metadata Mail Server can't be set on Analytics
Hi,

What kind of error do you get when you use semicolon?
I have just tested and it seems to work fine when I put address emails separated by semicolon in the "Text list" parameter in Analytics.

Kind regards,
Adrian