Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question End User able to run only his delivery through Runtime

More
07 Mar 2017 13:05 #1 by Prashant.Sangle
Hi,

I have one scenario

I want to give end user access to run delivery through analytics. In this case he can see only his delivery in runtime not everything.

How can achieve this???

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
More
08 Mar 2017 16:44 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic End User able to run only his delivery through Runtime
Hi,

Analytics is not really intended for end-users, but for IT operations services.
For end-users, maybe you can call the delivery from an external application or as a webservice (if your company has this licensed option) ?

Thomas.
More
09 Mar 2017 07:15 #3 by Prashant.Sangle
Replied by Prashant.Sangle on topic End User able to run only his delivery through Runtime
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Can you guide me to achieve it?? some logic / idea will be really very helpful to me.:)

But I think, It will be great if stambia itself provide such kind of feature.;);)

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant Sangle
More
09 Mar 2017 09:41 - 09 Mar 2017 09:41 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic End User able to run only his delivery through Runtime
I invite you to submit this idea in the new "Feedback" section of this website ;) You can find it on the Home page.

For now, you have quite a few solutions depending on your license and architecture.

Example #1: Stambia webservice
Every process or mapping can be published on a Runtime as a webservice.
Then, it can be executed with an HTTP invocation like this: http://<runtime-hostname>:42200/rest/StambiaDeliveryService/<endpointversion>/<deliveryName>
I invite you to read this article: stambia.org/doc/64-technology-articles/w...services-publication
This solution requires the "Stambia web services" License Option.

Example #2: create a shortcut for executing the delivery
This is a quick solution when the Runtime is running on the user's machine.
Simply set a shortcut to "startdelivery.bat" and append the required parameters to the shortcut's command line.
For example:
c:\runtime\startdelivery.bat -name your_delivery -var "~/param1" "value 1" -var "~/param2" "value 2"
Then they just need to double click this shorcut to run the job.

Example #3: create a shortcut for executing the delivery
This solution can help if the Runtime is not located on the user's machine and they don't have the web service option.
Unzip a Runtime on the user's machine (no need to Run it at all, just need to unzip the installation archive).
Create a .bat file which invokes the startcommand utility.
For example :
c:\runtime\startcommand.bat "connect to <runtime-server> port <runtime-port>;execute delivery your_delivery var "~/param1" "value 1" -var "~/param2" "value 2""
Then they just need to double click this script to run the job.

I hope this helps :)
Last edit: 09 Mar 2017 09:41 by Thomas BLETON.
More
09 Mar 2017 10:37 #5 by Prashant.Sangle
Replied by Prashant.Sangle on topic End User able to run only his delivery through Runtime
Hi,

Thanks for all solutions. I will try it and get back to you if any doubts ::P:

One more stupid question,
How can we identify that our license contain "Stambia web services" option???

Thanks again.

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
More
09 Mar 2017 10:45 #6 by Thomas BLETON
OK :)

Prashant.Sangle wrote: How can we identify that our license contain "Stambia web services" option???

Simply write to the support, they will check this out for you.
More
09 Mar 2017 11:30 #7 by Prashant.Sangle
:):) ok ok

Thanks,
Prashant