Where does Analytics store the repository information?
According to Semarchy DI documentation, the answer is this: Define a SEMARCHY_DI_WEBAPP_HOME environment variable, pointing to the folder into which Semarchy Convergence for DI Analytics will store its parameters and repository information.
But for me this is not working. I cannot figure out if it's a Stambia Analytics bug, a Semarchy packaging bug, or if it's user error by me.
- I set SEMARCHY_DI_WEBAPP_HOME to /home/tomcat/webapp_home
- I tested this in Tomcat by calling System.getenv(). I see this: SEMARCHY_DI_WEBAPP_HOME=/home/tomcat/webapp_home
- It shouldn't be a permissions issue. The TOMCAT_USER is tomcat. The user tomcat has full access to /home/tomcat/webapp_home
- But... when I define a new repository called DemoRepository in Analytics, nothing is created in /home/tomcat/webapp_home
- To try to make sure that it's not just a packaging issue, I also set STAMBIA_WEBAPP_HOME=/home/tomcat/webapp_home
- I can find the information on disk in tomcat's cache:
sudo find / -name "DemoRepository*"
but I cannot get it persisted anywhere that I can manage it.
I'm using Semarchy Convergence for DI Analytics version 3.0.0 GA.
Is there something else I need to do? I'd like to persist my repository metadata somewhere that I can manage it.