Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Idea Analytics 3.x.x sessions timeout

• informatique_etival
  • informatique_etival's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Sep 2020 08:20 #1 by informatique_etival
Analytics 3.x.x sessions timeout was created by informatique_etival
Since Analytics 3.x.x, sessions timeouts become a real problem when you have a page permanently open in your webbrowser on the analytics reports. Automatic refresh doesn't seem to work anymore either. Are we the only ones to suffer from those regressions compared to 2.x.x series ?

What would be nice is to be able to keep a page opened and automatically refreshed like before. This tool is designed to monitor what happens on different processes. Sessions timeouts are not a good point to work with it.
More
22 Sep 2020 09:25 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Analytics 3.x.x sessions timeout
Hello,
I am surprised to read this issue that you are facing. It does not seem to be the normal behavior of Analytics 3.x.
I suggest that you open a support ticket through the Portal stambia.org/support and the support team will look into this in details with you.
More
22 Sep 2020 09:41 #3 by Thomas BLETON
By the way, did you try changing the timeout setting ?
stambia.org/doc/111-stambia-di-software/...-web-session-timeout
  • informatique_etival
More
22 Sep 2020 10:02 #4 by informatique_etival
Replied by informatique_etival on topic Analytics 3.x.x sessions timeout
Thank you for your suggestions. However, there is a dedicated page where you can define the HTML session timeout with a maximum value of 100 minutes.

Ideally, it would be much better if there were no session timeout at all.
Attachments:
    More
    22 Sep 2020 10:08 #5 by Thomas BLETON
    The timeout is here to make sure that your Application Server will not accumulate unused session and have memory saturation issues.

I'm going to review this timeout mechanism to see how it can be improved.
    • informatique_etival
    More
    22 Sep 2020 10:11 #6 by informatique_etival
    There would be less problem if autorefresh would work, since it would update session last connection timestamp, no ?
    • informatique_etival
    More
    22 Sep 2020 10:13 #7 by informatique_etival

informatique_etival wrote: There would be less problem if autorefresh would work, since it would update session last connection timestamp, no ?

I just saw that however auto refresh is defined in the parameters, it was not activated by default on the report page. I just activated it. I will see if HTML session timeout raises once again in two hours.
    More
    22 Sep 2020 10:25 #8 by Thomas BLETON
    OK, please keep us informed :)