Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Variable in metadata

More
02 Dec 2016 18:15 #1 by MOUDEN_Kenza
Variable in metadata was created by MOUDEN_Kenza
Hi,
I want to use the value of a variable 'Principale' in my metadata file, but unfortunately I can't get it's value and I got the error below when I consult the data.
Is my syntax correct?
Attachments:
More
05 Dec 2016 13:41 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Variable in metadata
Hi,
Variables are evaluated (or substituted) at execution time by the Runtime, not when consulting / reversing with the Designer.
A good practice is to have a Configuration which uses no variables, for reversing / consulting data.
I hope this helps
More
05 Dec 2016 16:51 #3 by MOUDEN_Kenza
Replied by MOUDEN_Kenza on topic Variable in metadata
Hi,
Yes, It helps.
In fact, I used this variable so that I can change the root of my path according to the environment I'm using: Windows or Unix;
when I change the value of the variable to => /root/Track and Trace/ it didn't recognise it and gave me the error => C:\root\Track and Trace\DHL\To_Treat not found.
How can I solve this problem?
Tank you.
More
05 Dec 2016 17:13 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Variable in metadata
Variables cannot be evaluated from the Designer.
A solution is to create a Configuration without variables as said above, dedicated to your Designer operations (consult data, reverse...).