Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Impossible to open a workspace in 19.0.8

More
26 Nov 2018 13:58 #1 by Virginie_Samson
Impossible to open a workspace in 19.0.8 was created by Virginie_Samson
Hello
I frequenly have problems to open some (big) workspaces.
I use different version of Stambia on different workspace (S18, S19.0.8 and S19.0.12).

Do you know what can happen ?
How can i unblock it please?
Where can i found logs ?

Thanks
Virginie
More
28 Nov 2018 12:06 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Impossible to open a workspace in 19.0.8
Hi Virginie,
What kind of problem do you have with these big workspaces ? Can you describe what happens ?
More
28 Nov 2018 12:30 #3 by Virginie_Samson
Replied by Virginie_Samson on topic Impossible to open a workspace in 19.0.8
The problem is that nothinh happen... it keeps charging the workspace for hours.... but never open.
You must kill, clean workspace, and re-open....
More
28 Nov 2018 15:00 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Each workspace has "cache" files, which are normally calculated and maintained by the Designer.
When these files are missing or broken, the Designer needs to calculate them again and it can quite some time on big workspaces (several minutes for very big workspaces).
Once this is done, the next time the Designer opens, it will not be so long : a few seconds to not more than a minute, I would say.
If you are stuck with this workspace feel free to share it with the support team (ftp server), to see what is wrong with it
More
28 Nov 2018 15:59 #5 by Virginie_Samson
Replied by Virginie_Samson on topic Impossible to open a workspace in 19.0.8
hello
With deleting some specific files from the workspaces, it does resolve the problem (thanks to the support team)
\.metadata\.plugins\com.indy.emf.uri\cache.xml
\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.e4.workbench\workbench.xmi

But why does it break ? How long maximum do we should wait ?
More
04 Dec 2018 10:58 #6 by Thomas BLETON
These files normally don't get broken.
This can however happen if there was a crash or a force kill of the Designer.
I can hardly say a maximum duration : it depends on the workspace size (the Designer parses all objects) and on the machine performance.
So I stick to my above answer : it can be long the first time, leave it run. And it will be faster the next times.