Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question SQL Server Exception opening data file to load table. Access denied.

More
09 Jan 2019 07:24 #1 by alce
In a process to load data using replicator component where TARGET is MS SQL Server, execution raise a SQL Server Exception because have no access to data file in order to load a table. Microsoft suggest solve the issue giving access for user SQLServer2005SQLBrowserUser in the path ...\stambiaRuntime\temp. So that, I gave those permisions to the user, unfortunaly the issue persists.

Any idea on for whom else and where should I grant permissions to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Note: I'm using MS SQL Server authentication.

Attachments:
More
09 Jan 2019 11:48 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Hi,
Apparently your Replicator is using the BULK utility (which is the default mode when the target is MS SQL). This MS utility is executed on the MS SQL server and it is expecting the "data_`city`.dat" to exist in its local C: drive.
=> If the Runtime is not on the same machine as MS SQL, please consider using the "Force Generic Rdbms Mode" option on the Replicator.
=> I see that the file name "data_`city`.dat" contains special characters, can you make sure that the file really exists in the temp directory with this name?

Please keep me informed
Thomas.
More
09 Jan 2019 22:20 #3 by alce
Hi Thomas,

Yes, the file exists in the path and its name was formed by Stambia Designer with those special characters. By the way, executing the bulk command through sqlcmd works fine no matter the name.

On the other hand, THANK YOU!, your suggestion to use 'Force Generic Rdbms Mode' works fine in this step, but now appear another issue that I prefer to explain in a new topic.

By now, thanks for your help.