Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question SQL Server Exception. Object name already exists in database

More
10 Jan 2019 21:27 - 12 Jan 2019 09:11 #1 by alce
In a process to load data with SQL Server as target there is a step for installing constraints in the schema replicated. Stambia Designer forms sentences for constraints like

ALTER TABLE [world].[dbo].[countrylanguage]
ADD CONSTRAINT [PRIMARY] PRIMARY KEY ([CountryCode],[Language])

but, for a previous table it create and installed another constraint for a table in the scheme with the same name [PRIMARY], this is why SQL Server raise an exception for "There is already an object named 'PRIMARY' in the database"

Is there a way to let Stambia to assign different names for each constraint or just avoid named it at all and let SQL Server assign them to avoid the error?
or Is there another way to avoid the Exception?

Thanks in advance
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jan 2019 09:11 by alce.
More
15 Jan 2019 17:44 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Hi,
I'm not 100% sure, but I guess that you are working with the Replicator Rdbms, can you confirm please ?
According to my local tests, the constraint name for the target is generated from the source Metadata.
=> what is the constraint name in the source metadata ?
=> is there another source table with the same "PRIMARY" constraint name ?
More
16 Jan 2019 07:03 #3 by alce
Hi,
Yes, the process is working with Stambia Replicator rdbms.
And yes, all the constraints for PK have the same name 'PRIMARY' in the metadata reversed by Stambia
i.e: in Stambia designer we have, for diferent tables
CONSTRAINT `PRIMARY` PRIMARY KEY (`CountryCode`,`Language`)
CONSTRAINT `PRIMARY` PRIMARY KEY (`Code`)

But, as a matter of fact, the tables in the scheme at the database engine of the source hava no name for PK constraints at all.
i.e.: In the source scheme database engine we have
PRIMARY KEY (`CountryCode`,`Language`)
PRIMARY KEY (`Code`)

So, I presume, that the Stambia reverse process assign name by default (in abscence of it) and use always the same for different tables in the scheme.
More
17 Jan 2019 08:19 #4 by alce
I just aply a workaround for this issue.
It consists in editting every pk constraint in Stambia for the scheme and change 'PRIMARY' for a distintive name for each table.

Of course we has to be aware that applying this workaround could become a hard and none pleased job when the scheme contain hundreds of objects!

Aditionaly, I detect another Stambia fault getting references for a foreign key

In the source datastore we have
CREATE TABLE `countrylanguage` (
`CountryCode` char(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`Language` char(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
`IsOfficial` enum('T','F') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'F',
`Percentage` float(4,1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.0',
PRIMARY KEY (`CountryCode`,`Language`),
KEY `CountryCode` (`CountryCode`),
CONSTRAINT `countryLanguage_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`CountryCode`) REFERENCES `country` (`code`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

but Stambia designer generate the metadata
Create table `world`.`countrylanguage`
(
`CountryCode` CHAR(3) NOT NULL,
`Language` CHAR(30) NOT NULL,
`IsOfficial` VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL,
`Percentage` FLOAT NOT NULL
, CONSTRAINT `PRIMARY` PRIMARY KEY (`CountryCode`,`Language`)
,CONSTRAINT `countryLanguage_ibfk_1`
FOREIGN KEY (`CountryCode`)
REFERENCES
()

)

Just like that
More
23 Jan 2019 12:05 #5 by Thomas BLETON
Hi,
Please send your metadata and this sample SQL queries to the support team through a new ticket, they will help analyzing / fixing :)