Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question How to make the number of parallel executions variable

More
10 Nov 2015 18:51 #1 by fvieillard
Hi everyone

I just learned about the Asynchronous Mode for launching delivery and the option "<nbMaxParallelSessions>" to limit the number of concurrent threads.
This is great but I would like to be able to change this setting according to environment (ie the machine capabilities).
I tried using a parameter as follows, but it doesn't seem to work:<nbMaxParallelSessions>${~/nbThreads}$</nbMaxParallelSessions>

Does anyone have an idea how I could manage this ?

My second point concerns the error management, as we don't seem to get the errors of the delivery in the parent process when running in asynchronous mode.
Have you done something similar and how do you treat errors in this case ?

Regards
François
More
16 Nov 2015 17:16 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic How to make the number of parallel executions variable
Hi,

The Meta-inf "nbMaxParallelSessions" is a core level parameter, which cannot be altered at execution time.
You can however configure it at build time with this syntax :
<nbMaxParallelSessions>%x{md:paramValue($this, 'NbThreads')}x%</nbMaxParallelSessions>

... but not at execution time. I'll pass the idea to the R&D team.

For retrieving the errors in Asynchronous mode: as you guessed, because of the nature of the asynchronous mode, the error cannot be automatically returned to the parent process. One possibility for you is to run SQL queries against the Log database once the child sessions are over.
More
28 Jan 2022 18:03 #3 by cheikh
Hello , à quoi sert l'éxécution paralèlle . Je me demande si cela peut règler mon problème qui est de minimiser le temps de pré intégration dans une table ( sur la table I_XXXXXX) et le temps d'intègration aussi ?
D'autre part , où faut-il insèrer cette commande : <nbMaxParallelSessions>%x{md:paramValue($this, 'NbThreads')}x%</nbMaxParallelSessions>

Merci d'avance ...

Cordialement,
More
08 Feb 2022 17:48 - 08 Feb 2022 17:48 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic How to make the number of parallel executions variable
Bonjour Cheikh,
nbMaxParallelSessions permet de limiter le nombre d'exécutions parallèles d'un même Delivery lancé sur un Runtime donné.
Je pense donc que ça ne répond pas à votre besoin.
Plus d'informations sur nbMaxParallelSessions ici : stambia.org/doc/80-development-hints-and...tions-for-a-delivery
Last edit: 08 Feb 2022 17:48 by Thomas BLETON.