Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Microsoft Azure reverse error

More
05 Sep 2016 18:21 #1 by letancel
Microsoft Azure reverse error was created by letancel
Hi,

I need to create a metadata on a Microsoft Azure database.
I can connect to the server, then I have retrieved the database names, but when I try to retrieve the Schema names I got the following error :

I checked on internet and here's what I found : support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/kb/2504052
So, I tried to change the jdbc lib with the ones (sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar) supplied by Microsoft in their update pack, but it's still not working..

Is there a specific JAR or plugin to use Azure with Stambia?

Thanks
Attachments:
More
06 Sep 2016 11:26 #2 by letancel
Replied by letancel on topic Microsoft Azure reverse error
Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of sqljdbc provided by Microsoft ( www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11774 ).
Then I tried connecting the Azure databases with the different drivers using Squirrel ( squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ ) :
- sqljdbc42.jar : KO
- sqljdbc41.jar : OK -> I get the list of databases and their tables ONLY if I add the database name in the connection URL.

So I went back to Stambia, added the same sqljdbc41.jar to the Microsoft SQL driver, then added the database name to the URL and it worked!
BUT the thing is, if I keep the metadata like this, I will need to create a metada for each database I need (and each environment DEV, PROD,..)..

Maybe there's an other way?
More
06 Sep 2016 15:27 #3 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Microsoft Azure reverse error
Thanks for the detailed question and feedback :)

It looks like accessing Azure's catalog is not the same as accessing SqlServer's catalog: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh290696(v=sql.110).aspx
They say "you should connect to the master database to call SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs". I guess this explains why you need to specify the db in the JDBC URL.

We will have to take a closer look to see if there is another way. And maybe this will take a new dedicated Technology entry in Stambia. I can't say yet :)