Welcome Guest! Log in

Topic-icon Question Microsoft Azure reverse error

05 Sep 2016 18:21 #1 by letancel
Microsoft Azure reverse error was created by letancel

I need to create a metadata on a Microsoft Azure database.
I can connect to the server, then I have retrieved the database names, but when I try to retrieve the Schema names I got the following error :

I checked on internet and here's what I found : support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/kb/2504052
So, I tried to change the jdbc lib with the ones (sqljdbc.jar and sqljdbc4.jar) supplied by Microsoft in their update pack, but it's still not working..

Is there a specific JAR or plugin to use Azure with Stambia?


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2016 11:26 #2 by letancel
Replied by letancel on topic Microsoft Azure reverse error

I downloaded the latest version of sqljdbc provided by Microsoft ( www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=11774 ).
Then I tried connecting the Azure databases with the different drivers using Squirrel ( squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/ ) :
- sqljdbc42.jar : KO
- sqljdbc41.jar : OK -> I get the list of databases and their tables ONLY if I add the database name in the connection URL.

So I went back to Stambia, added the same sqljdbc41.jar to the Microsoft SQL driver, then added the database name to the URL and it worked!
BUT the thing is, if I keep the metadata like this, I will need to create a metada for each database I need (and each environment DEV, PROD,..)..

Maybe there's an other way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2016 15:27 #3 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Microsoft Azure reverse error
Thanks for the detailed question and feedback :)

It looks like accessing Azure's catalog is not the same as accessing SqlServer's catalog: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh290696(v=sql.110).aspx
They say "you should connect to the master database to call SQLServerDatabaseMetaData.getCatalogs". I guess this explains why you need to specify the db in the JDBC URL.

We will have to take a closer look to see if there is another way. And maybe this will take a new dedicated Technology entry in Stambia. I can't say yet :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.