Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Solved loop with excel

More
31 Mar 2017 10:48 - 18 Apr 2017 09:16 #1 by Prashant.Sangle
loop with excel was created by Prashant.Sangle
Hello,

I facing issue while working on loop with excel metadata

I have below scenario.

I have multiple excel files with similar structure. I want to load it one mapping.

I tried below:
1: create mapping using by reversing one excel file. Mapping executed successfully.
2: Create process while include 2 action 1 is file wait and 2 is execute delivery.
3: both are link together using bind link.
4: execute delivery action include delivery of mapping which is created in step 1. File Name variable which I am passing to Excel metadata as Physical Name.
Variable defined as file_name ":{FILE_NAME}:"
Then I tried to execute process it is giving me error. I tested value set for file_name is <excel_file_name>.xlsx
where I need to set only excel_file_name which is my sheet name.

Let me know if any additional information required. Please this is urgent

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Last edit: 18 Apr 2017 09:16 by Prashant.Sangle.
More
03 Apr 2017 14:26 #2 by Vaibhav Mishra
Replied by Vaibhav Mishra on topic loop with excel
Hi Prashant,

While working with Excel for looping the same mapping for multiple input files has a slight different than the same example for processing multiple flat files.

For Excel metadata, you can keep the URL as is (no need to put parameter).

When you expand the Excel Connection, you see your Excel Datastore, Click on that and you will see, Name/CatalogueName:-

Change these with the parameter.

But as per your post, one thing to note that :{FILE_NAME}: stores the complete filename, including extension. So when using it you have to remember that it contains the extension as well and not just the name.

So the difference here is that you need just the excel file name, whereas :{FILE_NAME}: will give you name with extension.

So inside the Process which you are going to put in Execute Delivery action, place a SQLToParameter action and write a convert statement and assign the parameter name (in my case "~/excel_name"):-
Select SUBSTRING('${~/p_excel_name}$',1,LEN('${~/p_excel_name}$')-5)

where p_excel_name is the parameter defined on Execute Delivery Action which store yuor :{FILE_NAME}:

Please let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Vaibhav
Attachments:
More
04 Apr 2017 15:54 #3 by risson
Replied by risson on topic loop with excel
You can avoid the SqlToParameters action (and the database connection) using a bit of rhino scripting in the "p_excel_name" parameter definition :

%e(rhino){
s = ":{FILE_NAME}:";
s.substring(0, s.length - 5);
}e(rhino)%
More
05 Apr 2017 15:19 #4 by nikita.barve
Replied by nikita.barve on topic loop with excel
Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

Now I want to make my sheet name also dynamic which is similar to excel file name.

I have added new parameter with your script in execute delivery action and call that parameter in Sheet Name (Physical Name). but I am getting error, which I have attached. If I back trace it I found it source table script was generating properly.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Nikita
Attachments:
More
05 Apr 2017 17:26 #5 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic loop with excel
Hi, can you show how you have set the parameter on Execute Delivery and in the Excel metadata, exactly ?
More
06 Apr 2017 09:05 - 06 Apr 2017 09:07 #6 by nikita.barve
Replied by nikita.barve on topic loop with excel
Hi,

Bellow are the screen short for loop and Metadata

Loop:[attachment=

Parameter for catelog name=

parameter for Sheet Name

Regards
Nikita Barve
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2017 09:07 by nikita.barve.
More
18 Apr 2017 09:14 #7 by Prashant.Sangle
Replied by Prashant.Sangle on topic loop with excel
Hi All,

Thanks for help. Using Vaibhav solution, I am successfully able to create loop on excel metadata.

@risson - Your solution gave issue while making sheet name dyanamic in loop else it is working like charm.

Regards,
Prashant Sangle