Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Solved can not able to run bat file from another server runtime

More
10 Aug 2017 08:38 #1 by nikita.barve
Hello,

I am currently working on 'dev_runtime' which is on 172.16.11.140.
but i just want to trigger "file_generator.bat" file which is store on 172.16.101.99 server from 172.16.11.140 server
so for that i have implemented following steps

steps
1. create process where i provide command for triggering .bat file as follows

2. then create one more process where i use 'execute delivery' where i provide delivery of .bat file process and set properties for remote server (172.16.101.99) runtime to run it from remote server

i have set following properties:
hostname: \\172.16.101.99
port: 42000
delivery_name: cmd_test

3. but it gives following error while running execute delivery

please suggest solution.

Regards
Nikita Barve.
Attachments:
More
10 Aug 2017 12:22 #2 by Adrian MATYSIAK
Replied by Adrian MATYSIAK on topic can not able to run bat file from another server runtime
Hi,

can you please try to use the host address without the leading backslashes?

Please let us know if it worked.

Kind regards,

Adrian
Attachments:
More
10 Aug 2017 14:29 #3 by nikita.barve
Hello ,

yes i tried this.. it gives following error

but i have already copy delivery to remote server runtime.
please suggest me as early as possible.

Regards
Nikita Barve
Attachments:
More
10 Aug 2017 15:58 #4 by Adrian MATYSIAK
Replied by Adrian MATYSIAK on topic can not able to run bat file from another server runtime
Hi,

The message seems to suggest that runtime can't find the deliv file.
You should check if the file is in the build\deliveries catalog of the runtime you are using to execute this action - so your dev runtime on 172.16.11.140

If it's not there you should copy the file there, and retry.
You can also try to restart the runtimes to make sure the files in the catalogs are taken into account.
I hope it helps.

Regards,

Adrian
More
18 Aug 2017 12:00 #5 by nikita.barve
Hello,

yes ,

i have already added deliv file in runtime and also restarted all runtime .
still giving same error.

please suggest solution.
More
18 Aug 2017 15:58 #6 by Adrian MATYSIAK
Hello,

Do I understand correctly that you have added the delivery file on both runtimes (the distant and the local one which you are using to launch the process with Execute Delivery)?
We have tested on our side and we receive the exact same error when the delivery is not present in the local runtime, even when it is present on the remote server.
Can you also try to run the delivery cmd_test directly on your remote runtime to see if it works and if it is a problem of connection between the runtimes or rather a problem of execution on the distant runtime. You can do it via Analytics, Designer's Navigator or via command line directly on the server where the distant runtime is installed.
If it does not help I would like you to invite you to create a Stambia Support ticket so we can continue the investigation.

Kind regards,
More
14 Sep 2017 12:04 - 14 Sep 2017 12:06 #7 by nikita.barve
Hello,

Thanks for your solution ,it's working properly now.
actually i didn't add delivery in both runtime thats why it gives error,
so i have added delivery on both runtime and also remove forward slash from delivery host engine.
bellow is screen shot.

Thanks & Regards
Nikita Barve.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 12:06 by nikita.barve.
More
14 Sep 2017 13:09 #8 by Prashant.Sangle
Replied by Prashant.Sangle on topic can not able to run bat file from another server runtime
Hello @adrian,

Thanks for solution.
This is just for conceptual understanding, why we required to kept same delivery on both server runtime?

As per my understanding,
when execute_delivery action execute then it will trigger runtime on mention server with respected port number and
then check mention delivery is present or not. If yes then it will execute else throw error.

Then why we required to kept the same delivery on both server?

Please help me to understand the concept.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant
More
05 Oct 2017 14:36 #9 by Adrian MATYSIAK
Hello Prashant,

Apologies for the late response, for some reason I did not receive an email notification with your comment, which by the way raises a valid point.
Indeed, in the example presented above there should be no reason to have this delivery in the local runtime if it is only executed by the runtime on the remote server.
I have discussed this with the development team and we will open a bug to have it corrected in the future version.
Thank you for your input.

Kind regards,
Adrian
More
26 Oct 2017 09:55 #10 by Adrian MATYSIAK
Hi,

after additional investigation from the development team it turned out that only the delivery in the Runtime executing the action was used, even when remote runtime address was provided on the action. So there was actually no need to put the delivery in the remote server, but it had to be present in the runtime where the Execute Delivery action was being executed.
However, the dev team found the idea interesting and therefore since version 17.4.5 you can pick where the action should look for the delivery (in the local or in the remote runtime if provided).
You can find more information on this new option here:
stambia.org/doc/199-stambia-di-software/...s17-4#whatsnew17.4.5

Kind regards,
Adrian