Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Dropping multiple tables at once

More
08 Dec 2021 11:19 - 08 Dec 2021 11:20 #1 by niriou
Dropping multiple tables at once was created by niriou
Hello,

I forgot to enable the Clear temporary objects before a deployment and now I find myself with loads of temporary tables that I wish to drop. They all start by L1_ so I was just wondering if there was a simple query that would allow me to drop them all at once. Any clue?

FYI, the control select of the tables and then right clic > actions > drop table opens as many tabs as tables selected which is not convenient. And the drop table with the [L1_*] doesn't seem to let me carry on.

Best regards,
Nicolas
Last edit: 08 Dec 2021 11:20 by niriou.
More
14 Dec 2021 09:41 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Replied by Thomas BLETON on topic Dropping multiple tables at once
Hi,
If this is a one shot need, I would suggest using a database management tool which can help selecting multiple tables and drop them at once, for example DBeaver.
Other solutions using Stambia are:
- Reverse all these tables and use the tool "AUTOMATION Rdbms Operation" from the Palette
- Design a process using an SqlOperation action which lists these tables and bind it to another SqlOperation which does the DROP for each table. Caution: this cannot be cancelled, make sure you select only those temporary tables you want to drop
More
15 Dec 2021 09:53 #3 by niriou
Replied by niriou on topic Dropping multiple tables at once
Thanks for your answer Thomas I will try this out :)

Best regards,
Nicolas