Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Timeout on a mapping / on a webservice call

More
17 Jul 2021 09:42 #1 by AurelienW
Hello,

Here is my issue :

I have a loop iterating X times on a webservice call (the SalesForce way, for those who know : the number of lines returned by the WBS is limited, and SalesForce sends a "NextURL" in each webservice call).

Sometimes, one of these calls bugs, and stays "RUNNING" indefinitely, with many consequences :
- The next scheduled execution doesn't start (cause the previous one is still running ?). Deleting the corresponding line in the log database does not solve this : I guess that's there is something still "running" at runtime level (no return code received, something like that ?).
- It's impossible to stop it through the analytics (right click > "Stop" action does not do anything)

For now, my only solution is to restart the runtime (with a kill command : I can't stop it properly, maybe because of this "ghost running session" ?).

As far as i noticed, it can happen on different webservices, after a variable number of iterations (sometimes 1, sometimes 50).
This "randomness" and the small quantity of "log" on the "Call WebServices" step make the analysis kinda hard.

Unless someone already faced this issue and found a solution, I think that I could handle this by adding a "timeout" somewhere, on the mapping, or at a process level, so that if the call does not respond after, for example, 30sec, it falls in error, and go to the next iteration.

Is there a way to do this ?

For now, we are using a 17.4.2 runtime / S19 Designer (our migration to S20.X Designer / Runtime is scheduled in the coming weeks)

Thanks, and nice holidays !
Attachments:
More
10 Dec 2021 12:26 #2 by sebastien3e
Replied by sebastien3e on topic Timeout on a mapping / on a webservice call
Hi Aurelien,

We encounter the same issue and for now the only solution that we have is as you've explained : to restart the runtime service.
Unless we keep an eye on the Stambia Analytics, we don't know when a process is running indefinitely which is very problematic when it's happens the weekend.

Did you found another solution or did you get any feedback from Stambia by any chance ?
It seems that is not possible to set a timeout on the mapping.

We are using Stambia Designer version 20.3.1

Thanks in advance for your reply or an help from Stambia would be welcome ;)
More
10 Dec 2021 13:38 - 10 Dec 2021 13:42 #3 by AurelienW
Replied by AurelienW on topic Timeout on a mapping / on a webservice call
Hello Sebastien,

If it's ok with you i'll continue mon message en français.

Nous avons solutionné notre problème grâce à la migration en version S20.0.5 du designer & du runtime, qui apportent de nombreuses options/améliorations sur la manipulation d'API REST, notamment au niveau des metadata.

Concrètement, nous avons ajouté un timeout au niveau metadata :

Et une tolérance aux erreurs ainsi qu'un nombre de "retry" en cas d'erreur :

En espérant que ce retour puisse t'aider,
Bonne journée,
Aurélien
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Dec 2021 13:42 by AurelienW.
More
10 Dec 2021 17:21 #4 by sebastien3e
Replied by sebastien3e on topic Timeout on a mapping / on a webservice call
Bonjour Aurélien,

Parfait, sympa pour ton retour rapide et précis !
Ça me semble en effet la bonne solution que je vais mettre en place.

Toujours appréciable d'avoir un retour d'expérience, merci encore ;)

Bonne journée et au plaisir,
Sébastien
More
10 Dec 2021 17:56 #5 by AurelienW
Replied by AurelienW on topic Timeout on a mapping / on a webservice call
Erratum sur mon message ci-dessus : je parlais bien de la version 20.5.0.

Bonne journée et bon week-end également !