Welcome Guest! Log in

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Stambia versions 2.x, 3.x, S17, S18, S19 and S20 are reaching End of Support January, 15th, 2024. Please consider upgrading to the supported Semarchy xDI versions. See Global Policy Support and the Semarchy Documentation.

The Stambia User Community is moving to Semarchy! All the applicable resources have already been moved or are currently being moved to their new location. Read more…

Topic-icon Question Can I set dependency in scheduling delivery through Analytics

More
01 Aug 2016 09:44 #1 by Prashant.Sangle
Hi,

My client want to schedule delivery on the basis of successful execution of another delivery in Analytics.

Please find below scenario for better understanding.
I have 4 Project Say Project1, Project2, Project3 and Project4.
Now I want to run Project1 and Project2 parallel.
And after successful execution of Project1, I want to schedule Project3.
Similarly for after successful execution of Project2, I want to schedule Project4.

Is this possible? Can you guide me to achieve it.

Let me know if any query.

Thanks and Regards,
Prashant Sangle
More
01 Aug 2016 11:10 #2 by Thomas BLETON
Hi,
The current versions of Analytics and the Runtime's scheduler do not have such dependency features.

Usually what we do is set up a Main Process which orchestrates the deliveries, using "Execute Delivery" actions.
     Start(EmptyAction)
       |           |
  ExecDeliv-1    ExecDeliv-2
       |           |
  ExecDeliv-3    ExecDeliv-4

Note: this gives you the flexibility to link Deliveries with Successfull & Unsuccessful links.
More
01 Aug 2016 12:28 #3 by Prashant.Sangle
Hi Sir,

Initially I though about it, But my issue is I am passing few value to delivery while scheduling delivery as suggested in below URL
stambia.org/kunena/runtime-questions/184...very-with-parameters
stambia.org/kunena/general-questions/179...ry-through-analytics

Is it possible set parameter in "Execute Delivery" actions?

Thanks and Regards,
Prashant Sangle
More
01 Aug 2016 14:39 #4 by Thomas BLETON
Yes.
When your mouse is over the "Execute Delivery" action box, you will see a "Create Parameter" button on the left border of the box. Just click it and set the name / value of the parameter.
More
01 Aug 2016 15:03 #5 by Prashant.Sangle
Hi,

I will try it and get back to you if any query.

Thanks and Regards,
Prashant Sangle