This article describes the few steps required for upgrading an existing Runtime.
Upgrading in a few steps
After downloading the desired Runtime ZIP archive, proceed through the steps listed below.
We assume your current Runtime is installed into a directory named "stambiaRuntime".
- Install the new Runtime in a new directory, something like "stambiaRuntime_new"
- On UNIX/Linux systems make sure that all the stambiaRuntime_new/*.sh files are executable
- Stop the old Runtime and make a backup
- Copy the content of the following directories from the old Runtime to the new Runtime:
- stambiaRuntime\lib\addons (if you have additional libraries added to the Runtime)
- stambiaRuntime\properties (if you have set some properties)
- stambiaRuntime\scheduler (if you are using the Runtime's scheduler)
- stambiaRuntime\sessions (if you use the Runtime's internal log database)
- Optionally: stambiaRuntime\temp (if your Processes store specific files intentionnally in this directory)
- Install the required Jdbc jar files into stambiaRuntime_new/lib/jdbc (do not overwrite the new Runtime's Jdbc jar files!)
- Rename the old Runtime's directory to something like "stambiaRuntime_old"
- Rename the new Runtime's directory to "stambiaRuntime"
- Apply the read / right permissions to the new folder as it was set on the old one
- If the Runtime is installed as a Windows service, remove and re-install the service
- Start the Runtime