This article explains how to upgrade Stambia DI Designer minor versions.
The whole procedure is described with additional notes and information about the points to have in mind.
The upgrade procedure will guide you to upgrade to the new version and also explains the first steps to follow after the upgrade is done.
There are dedicated articles for migration and upgrade procedure for the different major versions.
There are all summarized in the following article.
Do not hesitate to have a look at it.
This article is dedicated to upgrading Stambia DI Designer to a next minor version.
For instance, if you want to upgrade from S18.0.2 to S18.1.0, if you want to upgrade from S19.0.20 to S19.0.21, and more...
Upgrading minor versions will not impact your existing developments and beside the upgrade procedure, you will not have any operation to perform on them.
If you want to upgrade from a major version to another major version, such as upgrading from S17 to S18, please refer to dedicated migration article.
All migration / upgrade articles are summarized in the following article.
Here are the steps to follow to upgrade Stambia DI Designer to another minor version.
The first step is to prepare your old Designer and Workspace to the upgrade.
- Stop the local Runtime if it is running
- Close all the editors (mappings, processes, metadata, SQL Editors...)
- Exit Stambia Designer
Next, back up all your work to avoid any loss in case of upgrade problem.
- Make a zip archive of your existing Stambia Designer installation
- Make a zip archive of your workspace(s)
Installation - Stambia DI Designer
Once everything is closed, stopped, and has been backed up, you are ready to install the new version.
- Download the new version of Stambia Designer
- Unzip this new version in a new directory
- Start the new Designer and select your workspace directory
- Launch a "Rebuild Cache" operation from the Impact view's menu
- Copy the parameters files from your old installation on the new installation, if you have specific parameters
Installation - Components and plugins
Stambia DI Designer being installed, you can now re-install your additional Stambia Components and your Versioning System's plugins, if you had any.
- Re-install your Versioning System's plugins, if you had any, such as GIT or SVN plugins
- Re-install additional Stambia DI Components, if you had any
Refer to dedicated Component getting started articles for further information about Components installation.
Installation - Third part libraries
Finally, you can re-install the additional third party libraries you installed in your local Runtime, such as JDBC drivers, and more...
Stambia DI Designer S17, S18, S19
If you are using Stambia DI Designer S17, S18 or S19 you proceed as follow:
- Copy your JDBC drivers into the new local stambiaRuntime/lib/jdbc directory
Post Migration Steps
Once you have finished following the upgrade guide, you can start using your fresh new Stambia DI Designer!
Refer to the corresponding release notes and changelogs to know what have changed.
After having checked that everything is OK, you can remove the old Designer's directory from your disk
You can check your Designer version in the menu Help / About Stambia Designer. The version number has this form: S99.9.9_YYYYMMDD_HHmmss.
Once a workspace has been opened with a newer version of Stambia Designer, do not try to re-open it with a previous version.
If you encounter issues while performing the upgrade, double check you have followed properly all the steps, and make sure you had a look on the getting started articles related to this new version.
Moreover, feel free to ask questions on the forum or to the Support Team.