This article describes the few steps required for upgrading an existing Runtime.
The whole procedure is described with additional notes and information about the points to have in mind.
The upgrade procedure will guide you to upgrade to the new version and also explains the first steps to follow after the upgrade is done.
There are dedicated articles for migration and upgrade procedure for the different major versions.
There are all summarized in the following article.
Do not hesitate to have a look at it.
This article is dedicated to upgrading Stambia DI Runtime to a next minor version.
For instance, if you want to upgrade from S17.5.7 to S17.6.0, if you want to upgrade from S17.6.0 to S17.6.1, and more...
Upgrading minor versions will not impact your existing developments and beside the upgrade procedure, you will not have any additional operation to perform on them.
If you want to upgrade from a major version to another major version, such as from S17 to S20, please refer to dedicated migration article.
All migration / upgrade articles are summarized in the following article.
Here are the steps to follow to upgrade Stambia DI Runtime.
Preparation and Backup
The first step is to prepare your old Runtime to the upgrade.
- Stop the Old Runtime if it is running
- Make a zip archive of it to avoid any loss in case of upgrade problem.
Installation - Stambia DI Runtime
After downloading the desired Runtime ZIP archive, proceed through the steps listed below.
We assume your current Runtime is installed into a directory named "stambiaRuntime".
- Install the new Runtime in a new directory, something like "stambiaRuntime_new"
- On UNIX/Linux systems make sure that all the stambiaRuntime_new/*.sh files are executable
- Apply the read / write permissions to the new folder as it was set on the old one
Copy the content of the following directories from the old Runtime to the new Runtime:
- stambiaRuntime\properties (if you have set some properties)
- stambiaRuntime\scheduler (if you are using the Runtime's scheduler)
- stambiaRuntime\sessions (if you use the Runtime's internal log database)
- Optionally: stambiaRuntime\temp (if your Processes store specific files intentionnally in this directory)
Installation - Librairies
Next step is to reinstall the additional librairies and third party libraries you installed in your Runtime, such as JDBC drivers, and more...
Stambia DI Runtime 2020 (S20.0.0) or higher
If you are using Stambia DI Runtime 2020 (S20.0.0) or higher you can proceed as follow:
Copy paste the Modules you created in previous version into the Modules folder of this version, which is on a default installation located in stambiaRuntime/modules
Refer to Getting started with Modules for further information.
Stambia DI Runtime S17.x.x
If you are using Stambia DI Runtime S17.x.x you can proceed as follow:
- Install the required JDBC libraries if any into stambiaRuntime_new/lib/jdbc
- Install addons files if any in stambiaRuntime\lib\addons
Note that you must NOT overwrite the new Runtime's JDBC and addons files if they have been updated in the new version.
You must keep the Runtime files as is and simply add the additional files.
Post Migration Steps
Once you have finished following the upgrade guide, make sure the Runtime is properly starting, and you can the start using your fresh new Stambia DI Runtime!
If the Runtime was installed as a Windows service, you must now remove and re-install the Windows service.
Finally, you can remove the old Runtime folder if everything is working properly.
If you encounter issues while performing the upgrade, double check you have followed properly all the steps, and make sure you had a look on the getting started articles related to this new version.
Moreover, feel free to ask questions on the forum or to the Support Team.